Addressing COVID-19 virus to protect CASTI customers and staff.
Dear Valued Customer,
As with all health and safety concerns, CASTI is taking active measures to address the COVID-19 virus to protect our customers and staff, as well as to prevent the spread of this virus.
Note: as an option to classroom training, CASTI does offer “online” training for its API, CSA, AWS, and ABSA exam preparation courses at: www.casti.ca. We also offer ASTM, ASME, and API training through our partnership with ASTM at: www.astm.org/TRAIN/elearningseries.html.
Please know that we are following the regulations and guidance from the governments of Canada and Alberta, and are doing our best to keep track of rapid changes.
CASTI has proactively engaged the following steps to ensure we are expeditiously mitigating the risk of this unprecedented virus by asking everyone to follow Alberta government health recommendations, including:
The most important measures that Albertans can take to prevent respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, is to practice good hygiene. This includes:
- practice physical distancing
- practice good hygiene: wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching face
- monitor for symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat
- self-isolate for the legally-required 10 days if you have any symptoms that are not related to a pre-existing illness or medical condition
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment if you're concerned about your health
In the classroom, CASTI will continue to be proactive by:
- limiting the number of attendees per training course,
- seating you a social distance of at least 6 feet from each other,
- adding additional disinfecting cleaning to our regular, daily cleaning program of the classroom;
- asking you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer appropriately during the course,
- asking you to "not shake hands",
- providing facial tissues,
- providing sanitizing wipes,
- providing bottled drinks only: water, juice, soda,
- open food will not be provided, however, you are permitted to bring your own coffee and food into the classroom,
- having the instructor taking attendance instead of passing around a paper sign-in sheet,
- asking you to complete an online evaluation form instead of a paper form,
- issuing you an electronic Certificate of Training Completion instead of a paper certificate, and
- displaying Alberta government posters: COVID-19 information; help prevent the spread.
Throughout this precedent setting health situation, we will continue to exercise our core values of: Safety First, Customer Service, Team Work, Loyalty, Respect, and Professional Dedication.
We all have the capability of protecting ourselves and others, whether at work, at home, or in public places. Therefore, if you have symptoms (cough, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing) or recently returned from travel outside Canada, we ask you to follow the Alberta government’s advice to:
- stay home – do not go to an ER or clinic
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment test
- call Health Link 811 for testing and instructions
- go to: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s6
Thank you for joining us in the effort to overcomes these unprecedented challenges. We look forward to continuing to provide you with world-class codes and standards training.Yours truly,
John E. Bringas, P.Eng.
President and Professional Engineer