Addressing COVID-19 virus to protect CASTI customers and staff.
As with all health and safety concerns, CASTI is taking active measures to address the COVID-19 virus to protect our customers and staff, as well as to prevent the spread of this virus.
Please know that we are following the regulations and guidance from the governments of Canada and Alberta, and are doing our best to keep track of rapid changes.
CASTI has proactively engaged the following steps to ensure we are expeditiously mitigating the risk of this unprecedented virus by asking everyone to follow Alberta government health recommendations, including:
The most important measures that Albertans can take to prevent respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, is to practice good hygiene. This includes:
- practice physical distancing and wear a mask in public
- practice good hygiene: wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching face
- monitor for symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat
- self-isolate for the legally-required 10 days if you have any symptoms that are not related to a pre-existing illness or medical condition
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment to access testing
In the classroom, CASTI will continue to be proactive by:
- limiting the number of attendees per training course,
- seating attendees a distance of at least 2 meters from each other,
- adding additional disinfecting cleaning to our regular, daily cleaning program of the classroom;
- asking attendees to wear appropriate masks;
- asking attendees to wash hands or use hand sanitizer appropriately during the course,
- asking attendees not to shake hands,
- providing hand sanitizer,
- providing sanitizing wipes,
- providing bottled drinks only: water, juice, soda,
- open food will not be provided, however, you are permitted to bring your own coffee and food into the classroom,
- having the instructor take attendance instead of distributing a paper sign-in sheet,
- asking attendees to complete an online evaluation form instead of a paper form,
- issuing attendees an electronic Certificate of Completion instead of a paper certificate, and
- displaying Alberta government posters: COVID-19 information; help prevent the spread.
Throughout this precedent setting health situation, we will continue to exercise our core values of: Safety First, Customer Service, Team Work, Loyalty, Respect, and Professional Dedication.
We all have the capability of protecting ourselves and others, whether at work, at home, or in public places. Therefore, if you have symptoms (cough, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing) or recently returned from travel outside Canada, we ask you to follow the Alberta government’s advice to:
- stay home and self-isolate
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment test
- call Health Link 811 for testing and instructions
- go to: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s6
Thank you for joining us in the effort to overcomes these unprecedented challenges. We look forward to continuing to provide you with world-class codes and standards training.Yours truly,
John E. Bringas, P.Eng.
President and Professional Engineer