API 510 ICP Certification Preparation
Pressure Vessel Inspector Exam Preparation
For Candidates Registered in the May 2021 Exam Window
|5 days of live Instructor-Led training.
(Choose from Remote Online Attendance or In-Person Attendance.)
|April 21-23, 2021|
|Self-Study online lessons with e-instructor support.
(Accessible online until end of API exam window.)
March 1 - June 4, 2021
|Over 1,200 Practice Questions including step-by-step math solutions, code table reference solutions, and exam document (code) paragraph references.|
|3 Practice Exams online: answer keys with references to exam document paragraphs and tables + step-by-step math solutions.|
|e-Instructor Support: same day or next-business day reply by e-mail.|
BECOME A BETTER INSPECTOR
CASTI Exam Preparation Courses not only prepare you to successfully pass the exam, but also assist you to become a better inspector with world class instructional design, content, instructor, and learning delivery systems!
CASTI API 510 ICP Exam Preparation Course Outlines
This course begins with self-study online lessons, available several months before the live training days, covering all Body of Knowledge exam topics in great detail, including step-by-step math and table solutions. Questions about the online lessons can be sent to the CASTI e-instructor.
Live instructor-led training spans 5 days (8 hours per day) and covers each exam document, with the most time spent on the more difficult Body of Knowledge exam topics. Live training days begin at 8:00 am and end at approximately 4:30 pm. (End time may vary depending on the type and number of questions asked of the instructor.) Exam topic questions may be posed to the instructor:
- before, during, and after the class,
- during class breaks and lunch hour,
- during one-on-one pre-scheduled tutorial session with the instructor at the CASTI office or by phone, and
- any time by asking the e-instructor.
- Getting Started Lessons
- API 510 - Covered completely.
- API RP 572 - Review of online lessons with API 510 overlaps and unique API RP 572 content identified for exam preparation.
- API RP 571 - Covered completely.
- API RP 576 - Covered completely.
- API RP 577 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section V - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME VIII-1 - Covered completely.
- ASME Section IX - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- Practice exams available after conclusion of live Instructor-Led training
Note: it takes an estimated 40-80 hours to complete the online lessons content. The actual time required will vary according to your educational background and work experience.
Required Code Documents
Exam candidates are responsible for obtaining the documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet. Ensure that the exam documents you use for exam preparation are identical to those listed in the API ICP Effectivity Sheet.*
* The exam documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet
- may not be the current edition of these documents. Since the documents change with each edition, studying with a different version of the document may result in answering exam questions incorrectly.
- may be a partial version of these documents. In these cases, studying with the full version of the document may require more time to find answers to exam questions.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for exam candidates that are preparing to write the API 510 ICP exam.
Certificate & Credits
Upon completion of the course, a digital certification of completion will be issued. Completion of the online content, in full, will allow individuals to earn 80 professional development hours (PDHs).
At CASTI our motto is:
“Once a CASTI customer, always a CASTI customer!”
…so no matter what code questions you have or how long ago you took a course, we are here to help you as one of our valued customers.