API 570 ICP Certification Preparation
Piping Inspector Exam Preparation for February 2022 Exam Window
|Included Features||Instructor-Led Course|
|5 days of live Instructor-Led training.
Live instructor guides participants through training material, interactively discussing topics.
|January 10-14, 2022|
|Self-Study online lessons with e-instructor support.
(Accessible online until end of API exam window.)
Participants complete online lessons by reading training material and completing practice questions at a self-directed pace.
November 1 - March 4, 2022
|Over 1,100 Practice Questions including step-by-step math solutions, code table reference solutions, and exam document (code) paragraph references.|
|3 Practice Exams for online self-study: includes answer keys with references to exam document paragraphs and tables + step-by-step math solutions.|
|e-Instructor Support: same day or next-business day reply by e-mail.|
BECOME A BETTER INSPECTOR
CASTI Exam Preparation Courses not only prepare you to successfully pass the exam, but also assist you to become a better inspector with world class instructional design, content, instructor, and learning delivery systems!
Remote Online Attendance:
participants attend remotely (from home or workplace) and interact with the live instructor through an online video meeting on the scheduled instructor-led training dates.
*In-Person Attendance is not available at this time. Please continue to revisit this page for updates.
New COVID-19 health and safety policies are currently under review.
CASTI API 570 ICP Exam Preparation Course Outline
This course begins with self-study online lessons, available several months before the live training days, covering all Body of Knowledge exam topics in great detail, including step-by-step math and table solutions. Questions about the online lessons can be sent to the CASTI e-instructor.
Live instructor-led training spans 5 days (8 hours per day) and covers each exam document, with the most time spent on the more difficult Body of Knowledge exam topics. Live training days begin at 8:00 am and end at approximately 4:30 pm. (End time may vary depending on the type and number of questions asked of the instructor.) Exam topic questions may be posed to the instructor:
- before, during, and after the class,
- during class breaks and lunch hour,
- during one-on-one pre-scheduled tutorial session with the instructor at the CASTI office or by phone, and
- any time by asking the e-instructor.
- Getting Started Lessons
- API 570 - Covered completely.
- API RP 574 - Review of online lessons with API 570 overlaps and unique API RP 574 content identified for exam preparation.
- API RP 571 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 576 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 577 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 578 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section V - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section IX - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME B16.5 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME B31.3 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- Practice exams available after conclusion of live Instructor-Led training
Note: it takes an estimated 40-80 hours to complete the online lessons content. The actual time required will vary according to your educational background and work experience.
Required Code Documents
Exam candidates are responsible for obtaining the documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet. Ensure that the exam documents you use for exam preparation are identical to those listed in the API ICP Effectivity Sheet.*
* The exam documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet
- may not be the current edition of these documents. Since the documents change with each edition, studying with a different edition of the document may result in answering exam questions incorrectly.
- may be a partial version of these documents. In these cases, studying with the full version of the document may require more time to find answers to exam questions.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for exam candidates that are preparing to write the API 570 ICP exam.
Certificate & Credits
Upon completion of the course, a digital certification of completion will be issued. Completion of all training content, in full, will allow individuals to earn 80 professional development hours (PDHs).
About the Instructor
Kimberley Meszaros, (P.Eng, MSc) is a professional materials engineer who specializes in the fields of welding and materials. Kimberley is a BSc and MSc (Materials Engineering - Welded Composite Coatings for Oil Sands) graduate of the University of Alberta and is a certified API 570 Piping Inspector and has been a CSA W178.2 Welding Inspector. She has worked in the Alberta energy sector developing and troubleshooting welding procedures, conducting inspections, consulting on various projects, and has worked in research and development for both private and government organizations. She is the Chair of the ASTM E04.02 Subcommittee on Metallography Terminology and is a member of ASTM A01 Steels, B02 Nonferrous Alloys, E04 Metallography, F42 Additive Manufacturing, and Emerging Professional Committees, as well as an Alberta Welding Optimization Committee (AWOC) member. Kimberley is an Engineering Design sessional instructor in the Chemical & Materials Engineering department at the University of Alberta. She is a subject matter expert and instructor at CASTI, developing training materials and instructing courses related to the codes and standards used in many industries.