ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and ASME Section IX Code Exam Preparation for CSA W178.2
Online Course with e-Instructor Support
To prepare exam candidates to write the ASME Section VIII-Div. 1 and IX code endorsement (Standard/Code) exam for CSA W178.2 Welding Inspectors (Level 1, 2, and 3).
Why Should I Attend
CSA W178.2 limits inspectors to work within their specific code endorsement certifications. Additional code endorsements strengthen professional credentials and allows additional job opportunities by widening the inspector's scope of qualification. CASTI is the only trainer that offers online exam preparation for ASME code endorsements.
Who Should Attend
Exam candidates who are preparing for their CSA W178.2 welding inspector certification exam or certified CSA W178.2 welding inspectors who want to obtain an additional code endorsement certification.
Certification and Credits
Each participant will receive a digital CASTI Certificate of Completion with 20 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for completing all online lessons and practice exams with a passing mark. This course helps candidates prepare for the code endorsement exam only; the examination is administered by the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB). All exam candidates must apply directly with CWB to write the exam.
CASTI Learning Advantage (CLA) Online Training with e-Instructor Support
This course includes 20 hours* of training as described in the Course Outline below.
* Estimates are based on the average time needed by previous students to complete online training. Your personal skill and experience levels will determine the actual time required to complete this work. Previous students took between 16-24 hours to complete the online lesson work.
Online Study Components
- e-Instructor support
- simple online access using a web browser (see Minimum System Requirements below)
- study material with explanations and sample questions throughout
- code book navigation tutorial
- 3 practice exams
- solutions to questions include references to the corresponding paragraph of the exam document(s)
- all study material sample questions and practice exam questions are submitted online and automatically graded
Online lessons are available for six months from the date of registration.
Course Outline [+]
The following topics are covered as they relate to the CSA W178.2 Code Endorsement Exam:
Product Category and Standard/Code (ASME Section VIII-1 and IX Pressure Vessel Construction)
- Design Conditions and Criteria
- Pressure Design of Components
- Materials Requirements
- Heat Treatment
- Preparation for 2 hour exam (45 multiple choice questions)
The examination is open-book and consists of 45 multiple choice questions. The time allowed for examination is 2 hours. The candidate must obtain 70% of the marks to pass the examination. The examination is administered by the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB). All exam candidates must apply directly with CWB to write the exam. CASTI has no prior knowledge of future CSA W178.2 Code Endorsement examination questions.
Required Code Documents
The ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and ASME Section IX code documents are required to complete this course. If you do not have copies, the ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and ASME Section IX codes can be purchased from CASTI.
Certificate & Credits
A digital certification of completion will be issued upon successful completion of the course with an overall average score of 50% or greater. Completion of the online self-study content, in full, will allow individuals to earn 20 professional development hours (PDHs).
Minimum System Requirements for Online Training with e-Instructor Support
Getting Started: Online Training Course with e-Instructor Support
- Broadband Internet connection
- Windows Vista (or higher)
- Mac and Android computers and tablets are not supported
- Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge NOT supported.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements (Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more information.)
Note: Please consult with your company IT department if you are unsure that your company computer meets the above requirements