Please read through our refund policy carefully so that we can clarify any questions in
advance as there are absolutely no exceptions to the following policies:
Training Courses - Registration, Refund, and Discount Policies
- All registration cancellations or transfers will be charged a 15% processing fee.
- Payment by Purchase Order submission constitutes a contract between the customer and CASTI wherefore payment, as per CASTI's Registration, Refund, and Discount Policies, is the responsibility of the customer. Payment by Cheque or Purchase Order is due upon the receipt of the invoice and must be received by CASTI no later than three weeks prior to the course start date.
- Registration cancellations received in writing 20 or more full business days before the course start date will receive a refund, less a 15% processing fee.
- Registration cancellations received in writing between 5 to 20 full business days before the course start date will receive a credit, less a 15% processing fee. All credits are valid for 1 year from the course start date. Credits will not be extended or refunded under any circumstances. Credits are issued to the original purchaser only. Credits are not transferable. Only the original purchaser may use the credit and only while the credit is valid.
- Registration transfer requests received in writing 5 or more full business days before the course start date will receive a credit, less a 15% processing fee. All credits are valid for 1 year from the course start date. Credits will not be extended or refunded under any circumstances. Credits are issued to the original purchaser only. Credits are not transferable. Only the original purchaser may use the credit and only while the credit is valid.
- Absolutely no refunds or credits for registration cancellations with less than 5 full business days notice.
- Absolutely no refunds or credits for no-shows. This policy extends for the entire length of each course, such that if the customer does not attend any part or all of the course, CASTI is not liable for any missed content, including but not limited to all training materials.
- All registration cancellation, transfer, or substitution requests must be received in writing via email to email@example.com and all requests must be confirmed via email reply from CASTI. Only cancellations, transfers, or substitutions that have been confirmed by CASTI will be honoured.
- In the event that the original purchaser cannot attend, an attendee substitution may be requested. Requests for attendee substitution must be received in writing by CASTI at least 5 full business days prior to the course start date. All substitutions are subject to written approval from CASTI. Substitutions will only be considered upon request of the original purchaser. Discounts for multiple course registrations are not valid in the event of substitutions and such discounts will be revoked. All outstanding registration fees resulting from revocation of discounts must be paid before the course start date.
- A full (i.e., 100%) refund of the registration fee will be refunded for courses cancelled or postponed by CASTI. CASTI reserves the right to postpone or cancel any course(s) and/or change instructors at any time. CASTI shall not be responsible for the delay or failure to perform any of the terms and conditions or other activities if such delay or failure is caused by strike, war, act of God, circumstances beyond the control of CASTI, or force majeure.
- Registration signifies acceptance that CASTI will not be held liable for any costs or fees incurred by registrants for travel, accommodation, and other expenses should a course be postponed, cancelled, or otherwise modified.
- CASTI offers course discounts to individuals who register in multiple courses. The same individual must be attending all courses within the same calendar year to qualify for a discount. Discounts are based on descending value of courses - highest priced course is paid in full, additional course registrations will receive a 5% discount.
Refund Policy - Blended Learning Courses
In addition to the items listed above, the following items apply to all training courses with an online component:
- Once your E-Learning account has been accessed:
- cancellations or transfers received in writing 20 or more full business days before the in-classroom course start date will receive a refund, less a 25% fee.
- cancellations or transfers received in writing between 5 to 20 full business days before the in-classroom course start date will receive a credit valid for 1 year, less a 25% fee. The original registrant and the new transferred registrant must be from the same company.
- For all CLA courses where E-Learning account have NOT been accessed:
- cancellations received in writing 20 or more full business days before the in-classroom course start date will receive a refund, less a 15% processing fee.
- cancellations or transfers received in writing between 5 to 20 full business days before the in-classroom course start date will receive a credit valid for 1 year, less a processing 15% fee. The original registrant and the new transferred registrant must be from the same company.
- All credits are valid for 1 year from the date the cancellation is received in writing. Credits will not be extended or refunded under any circumstance. Credits are transferrable provided the original registrant and the new transferred registrant are from the same company.
- As part of CASTI’s Blended Learning, students will have access to online material for a set number of days. The number of days may differ for each course a student is registered in.
Refund Policy - E-Learning Courses
- For all CASTI E-Learning courses where the E-Learning account has NOT been accessed, cancellations received in writing 10 or fewer full business days after the registration date will receive a full refund, less a 15% processing fee.
- Absolutely no refunds or credits for cancellations after 10 full business days after the registration date.
- Absolutely no refunds or credits will be given after the online learning account has been accessed.
- Students will have six (6) months access to online material from the date of registration.
- Printing is not allowed.
System Requirements for the CASTI LMS
- Broadband Internet connection
- Windows Vista (or higher)
- Mac and Android computers and tablets are not supported
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (or newer). Microsoft Edge NOT supported.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
- The ability to edit, highlight, and copy and paste in the PDF are not available due to our copyright policy.
- Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements (Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more information.)
- Note: Please consult with your company IT department if you are unsure that your company computer meets the above requirements
Print Document Orders - Shipping and Refund Policy
- ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS ACCEPTED on document orders.
- Courier services will NOT ship to P.O. Boxes. Please provide a valid street address for shipping.
- CASTI is not responsible for lost or damaged shipping. All claims for shipping loss or damage must be directed to appropriate courier service.
- Please allow 2 business days to process your document order. Shipping times will vary depending on your location.
- All documents are printed on 3-hole punched paper and are delivered as a shrink-wrapped set. Documents are stamped for exam use.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
System Requirements for E-documents
- Internet connection (broadband recommended).
(An internet connection is required to download and install your
e-book and e-document.)
- FileOpen Plugin must be installed: http://plugin.fileopen.com
- Windows Vista (or newer)
- Mac and Android computers and tablets are not supported.
- This software must only be installed on a desktop or laptop hard drive.
- 100 MB free disk space.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader.
- The ability to edit, highlight, and copy and paste in the PDF are not available due to our copyright policy.
- Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements
(Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe
software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more
- Note: Only single-sided printing is available.
- Note: Please consult with your company IT department if installing E-Document(s) on a company computer.
E-document Orders - Policy
- E-document purchases are not eligible for refund, credit, or exchange.
- E-documents are available as single-user license products only. All e-documents and publications are protected by copyright. You are permitted to install your e-document ONE time on ONE computer only. When installed, your e-document cannot be moved to or accessed from any other computer(s). Please be sure to select an appropriate computer to install your e-document.
- You are responsible for ensuring that firewalls or other software/hardware configurations do not prevent the e-document software from authorizing the installation online. CASTI can not provide technical support for your firewall configuration. Please contact your firewall provider or network technical support personnel to resolve such issues.
- If the e-document is removed from the licensed computer for any reason, CASTI is not responsible for replacing the e-document. However, at CASTI's sole discretion, a one-time reinstallation may be authorized for current e-document editions only. Outdated or replaced editions will not be supported.
- CASTI is not responsible for the replacement of e-documents lost, stolen, or damaged due to software, hardware, and/or operating system issues which render e-documents inoperable or inaccessible. CASTI is not responsible for the replacement of e-documents lost or damaged due to removal, deletion, or overwriting of e-documents whether accidental or intentional. CASTI is also not responsible for the replacement of e-documents when the computer on which the e-document has been installed is replaced, reformatted, updated, or changed in any manner.
- You are permitted to create a single hard copy of your e-document, by printing a copy of it from the computer on which you choose to install the e-document. This is the only way you may create a hard copy of your e-document. You may not create any additional hard copies through any means; you may not print subsequent copies and you may not photocopy your single hard copy. You may create your single hard copy at any time after purchasing the e-document; however, CASTI will only provide technical support to help you do so within 30 days of your purchase.
When you purchase an e-document from CASTI, you are entitled to 30-days of free technical support (from the date of installation).
Before contacting CASTI Technical Support please go to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page of our web site for troubleshooting advice. If you have reviewed all the FAQs and you have not been able to successfully install your CASTI e-book, please request Technical Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780)424-2552 between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm MT for assistance.
In our continued effort to assist you, if you should require a replacement of any CASTI course Certificate of Completion, a hardcopy is available to you for a $40 administration fee. If you require a PDF copy of your certificate, you can request one free of charge. For all replacement requests please email email@example.com with your full name, the course name and year course was taken.
Codes and Standards Training Inc. (CASTI) and CASTI Publishing Inc. have developed our privacy and records policy in full conformance with Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We are committed to providing our customers with optimum service while protecting their privacy and safeguarding their personal information.
Student records are kept for a minimum of 6 years, and at the discretion of CASTI, these records may be destroyed thereafter. Student records are released only after a written request is received by the student. Records may be shared with partners of CASTI for the purposes of notifying students of CASTI-related services and products. CASTI does not sell or rent customer information to third parties.
While our web site provides links to other related web sites, we are not responsible or liable for the information or the privacy practices on other sites. We suggest that you read the privacy statements on each web site that you visit.
Terms and Conditions
COPYRIGHT: ©2018 Codes and Standards Training Institute (CASTI). All rights reserved. All CASTI training materials are the property of CASTI and CASTI Publishing Inc. CASTI training materials are copyrighted and protected under Canadian and International copyright laws. Furthermore, CASTI training materials are solely for personal use by fully paid course attendees and customers. Copying any CASTI training materials without written permission from CASTI is illegal. No part of CASTI notebooks may be reused, reproduced, or redistributed in any form or by any means-graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, information storage, or retrieval systems-without the written permission of CASTI. CASTI reserves the right to revise these policies, terms, and conditions at any time without notice.
INTENT OF ATTENDANCE: The course text and materials supplied to attendees at CASTI courses are prepared and issued for the attendee's sole use. Use of CASTI materials and training methods in any form for training personnel, other than fully paid attendees of CASTI courses, is strictly forbidden.
All employees of companies offering any form of training in areas that are the same or similar to the training provided by CASTI are strictly prohibited from attending a CASTI course and subsequently presenting the same or similar courses for any reason and under any circumstances, or any other form of obtaining and using CASTI training materials or methods. Committing any of these acts without written permission from CASTI is a violation of these Terms and Conditions, and will be dealt with through legal actions. Attendance at our courses or sending attendees to our courses constitutes full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and no other Terms and Conditions contained in purchase orders, requisitions, or other documents shall supersede these Terms and Conditions under any circumstance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The material presented in CASTI courses has been prepared for the general information of the reader and should not be used or relied upon for specific applications without first securing competent technical advice. Nor should it be used as a replacement for current complete engineering codes and standards. In fact, CASTI highly recommends that the appropriate, current engineering codes and standards be reviewed in detail prior to any decision making.
Codes, standards, and technology constantly change. Information delivered in CASTI courses and contained in course materials is based on the best available information obtained by CASTI and its instructors at the time of the course. While the material in all CASTI notebooks and online training courses was prepared with great effort and is believed to be technically correct, CASTI, its staff, and instructors, do not represent or warrant the material's suitability for any general or specific use and assume no liability or responsibility of any kind in connection with the information therein. CASTI is in no way responsible for subsequent use regardless of intention. Nothing in the CASTI notebooks or online courses shall be construed as a defense against any alleged infringement of letters of patents, copyright, or trademark, or as defense against liability for such infringement.
Customer Code of Conduct (classroom training)
Maintaining a respectful and healthy classroom environment is critical to the learning experience and success of all attendees. As a customer of CASTI, you agree to:
- Be courteous and respectful
- Please minimize disturbance to others and use respectful language and conduct at all times.
- Limit the spread of germs
- If you attend the class while ill, you will be required to wear protective equipment such as, but not limited to, a surgical mask to minimize the spread of airborne germs.
- If during the day(s) of the class, you are unable to attend due to illness, CASTI will provide you with credit to attend a future class. Credit is only valid for 1 year and cannot be carried over or transferred.
- Maintain good hygiene
- Be mindful of personal hygiene and always wear appropriate attire including shirt and footwear.
Failure to comply with the Customer Code of Conduct may result in removal from the classroom.
CASTI maintains a high standard of professionalism in its commitment against discrimination based on gender,
ethnicity, religion, age, disability, socioeconomic status, and/or sexual orientation.
CASTI reserves the right to revise these policies, terms, and conditions at any time without notice.