API 510 ICP Certification Preparation
Pressure Vessel Inspector Exam Preparation for January 2022 Exam Window
|Included Features||Instructor-Led Course|
|5 days of live Instructor-Led training.
Live instructor guides participants through training material, interactively discussing topics.
|December 6-10, 2021|
|Self-Study online lessons with e-instructor support.
(Accessible online until end of API exam window.)
Participants complete online lessons by reading training material and completing practice questions at a self-directed pace.
September 1 - January 28, 2022
|Over 1,200 Practice Questions including step-by-step math solutions, code table reference solutions, and exam document (code) paragraph references.|
|3 Practice Exams for online self-study: includes answer keys with references to exam document paragraphs and tables + step-by-step math solutions.|
|e-Instructor Support: same day or next-business day reply by e-mail.|
BECOME A BETTER INSPECTOR
CASTI Exam Preparation Courses not only prepare you to successfully pass the exam, but also assist you to become a better inspector with world class instructional design, content, instructor, and learning delivery systems!
Remote Online Attendance:
participants attend remotely (from home or workplace) and interact with the live instructor through an online video meeting on the scheduled instructor-led training dates.
*In-Person Attendance is not available at this time. Please continue to revisit this page for updates.
New COVID-19 health and safety policies are currently under review.
CASTI API 510 ICP Exam Preparation Course Outline
This course begins with self-study online lessons, available several months before the live training days, covering all Body of Knowledge exam topics in great detail, including step-by-step math and table solutions. Questions about the online lessons can be sent to the CASTI e-instructor.
Live instructor-led training spans 5 days (8 hours per day) and covers each exam document, with the most time spent on the more difficult Body of Knowledge exam topics. Live training days begin at 8:00 am and end at approximately 4:30 pm. (End time may vary depending on the type and number of questions asked of the instructor.) Exam topic questions may be posed to the instructor:
- before, during, and after the class,
- during class breaks and lunch hour,
- during one-on-one pre-scheduled tutorial session with the instructor at the CASTI office or by phone, and
- any time by asking the e-instructor.
- Getting Started Lessons
- API 510 - Covered completely.
- API RP 572 - Review of online lessons with API 510 overlaps and unique API RP 572 content identified for exam preparation.
- API RP 571 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 576 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 577 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- API RP 578 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section V - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section VIII-1 - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- ASME Section IX - Review of online lessons covering all exam topics.
- Practice exams available after conclusion of live Instructor-Led training
Note: it takes an estimated 40-80 hours to complete the online lessons content. The actual time required will vary according to your educational background and work experience.
Required Code Documents
Exam candidates are responsible for obtaining the documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet. Ensure that the exam documents you use for exam preparation are identical to those listed in the API ICP Effectivity Sheet.*
* The exam documents listed on the API ICP Effectivity Sheet
- may not be the current edition of these documents. Since the documents change with each edition, studying with a different edition of the document may result in answering exam questions incorrectly.
- may be a partial version of these documents. In these cases, studying with the full version of the document may require more time to find answers to exam questions.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for exam candidates that are preparing to write the API 510 ICP exam.
Certificate & Credits
Upon completion of the course, a digital certification of completion will be issued. Completion of all training content, in full, will allow individuals to earn 80 professional development hours (PDHs).
About the Instructor
John E. Bringas, P.Eng. is the President and Founder of Codes and Standards Training Institute (CASTI) and CASTI Publishing Inc. He is a professional engineer who has practiced metallurgical and materials engineering, and inspection since 1975. He has also been certified as an API 510, 570, 653, 571, 577, and 580 inspector, an AWS Certified Welding Inspector, an Alberta In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspector and Welding Examiner, and CGSB certified NDE examiner in UT and RT. He is a long-time committee member of ASTM A01 Steels, A05 Coated Steels, B02 Nonferrous Alloys, E04 Metallography, E28 Mechanical Testing, F42 Additive Manufacturing, J01 ASTM/NACE Committee on Corrosion, NACE STG 31 Oil and Gas Production—Corrosion and Scale Inhibition, STG 32 Oil and Gas Production-Metallurgy, STG 34 Petroleum Refining and Gas Processing, STG 35 Pipelines, Tanks, and Well Casings, STG 39 Process Industries—Materials Applications and Experiences, and past Canadian Representative on ISO TC 17-SC 4 (Steels). He is the author of the ASTM Handbook of Comparative World Steel Standards, ASTM Handbook of Steel Data: American and European, ASTM Passport to Steel Database, and the CASTI Metals Data Books. Mr. Bringas has engineering work experience in the steel making, foundry, consulting (failure analysis), inspection, NDE, refinery, pipeline, and petrochemical industries.