AWS CWI/SCWI Part C - ASME Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3 Code Endorsement Exam Preparation
Online Course with e-Instructor Support
IMPORTANT: All exam candidates must apply directly to the American Welding Society (AWS) to write the examination. This training course helps candidates prepare for the Part C code endorsement exam only.
Note: At the time of this writing, the AWS examination references Section IX 2019 edition, B31.1 2018 edition, and B31.3 2018 edition. The exam code editions are beyond the control of CASTI and may change without notice so it is strongly advised that you contact AWS to confirm the correct code editions for your AWS exam.
Why Should I Attend
Additional code endorsements strengthen professional credentials and creates more job opportunities by widening the inspector's scope of qualification.
To prepare participants to write the ASME Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3 code endorsement exam for AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and Senior Certified Welding Inspector (SCWI) certifications.
Each participant will receive a CASTI Certificate of Completion with 16 professional development hours (PDHs) for completing all online lessons and practice exams.
Who Should Attend
Participants who want to obtain the AWS CWI certification or supplement their AWS CWI and SCWI inspection credentials.
This course will also assist active AWS CWI and SCWI certification holders who intend to pursue reciprocity towards a CSA W178.2 Welding Inspector certification. AWS inspectors should be aware that CSA W178.2 limits inspectors to work within their specific code endorsement certifications. However, code endorsements under your AWS certification will also be recognized for reciprocity.
For information regarding the AWS-CSA reciprocity for welding inspector certification, please visit AWS Certified Welding Inspector career path page for more details.
CASTI Learning Advantage (CLA) Online Training with e-Instructor Support
This course includes 16 hours* of training as described below:
* Estimates are based on the average time needed by previous students to complete online training. Your personal skill and experience levels will determine the actual time required to complete this work. Previous students took between 10-30 hours (1-4 days) to complete the online lesson work.
Online Study Components
- e-Instructor support
- simple online access using a web browser (see Minimum System Requirements below)
- study material with explanations and sample questions throughout
- code book navigation tutorial
- 3 practice exams
- solutions to questions include references to the corresponding paragraph of the exam document(s)
- all study material sample questions and practice exam questions are submitted online and automatically graded
Online lessons are available for six months from the date of registration or until the scheduled AWS code endorsement exam date, whichever occurs first.
Completing all of the online lessons is a crucial part of this training course (see Guarantee Policy below).
Course Outline [+]
The following topics are covered as they relate to the ASME Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3 Code Endorsement Exam:
Code Applications: ASME Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3
- Material and Design
- Preparation for 2 hour exam
The examination is open-book. The time allowed for examination is 2 hours. The candidate must obtain a mark of 72% to pass the examination. All exam candidates must apply directly to the American Welding Society (AWS) to write the examination. CASTI has no prior knowledge of future AWS Code Endorsement examination questions.
Required Code Documents
All participants must have the ASME Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3 code document to complete this course.
Certificate & Credits
A digital certification of completion will be issued upon successful completion of the course with an overall average score of 50% or greater. Completion of the online self-study content, in full, will allow individuals to earn 16 professional development hours (PDHs).
Minimum System Requirements for Online Training with e-Instructor Support
- Broadband Internet connection
- Windows Vista (or higher)
- Mac and Android devices are not supported
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge internet browser
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements (Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more information.)
Note: Please consult with your company IT department if you are unsure that your company computer meets the above requirements
- AWS CWI Exam Application Package
- AWS CWI Re-Exam Application Package
- AWS CWI 9-Year Renewal (via Part B Exam) Application Package
- AWS QC1:2007 Standard for AWS Certification of Welding Inspectors
- AWS B5.1:2013-AMD1 Specification for the Qualification of Welding Inspectors
- AWS Reciprocity Application Package
- AWS CWI Body of Knowledge