In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector (ISI) Exam Preparation
Online Course with e-Instructor Support
The In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector (ISI) Certificate of Competency provides competency verification for persons engaged in the certification of in-service pressure equipment to acceptable Alberta standards and to enhance the high level of pressure equipment safety in Alberta.
This course is designed to prepare eligible exam candidates for the Alberta Inspector Certification Examination (ICE) required to obtain the Alberta In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency.
Who Should Attend
Pressure equipment inspectors who wish to obtain the In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency in order to conduct integrity assessments of in-service pressure equipment, certify pressure equipment, or supervise inspection personnel in the province of Alberta.
CASTI Learning Advantage (CLA) Online Training with e-Instructor Support
This course includes 16 hours* of training as described below:
* Estimates are based on the average time needed by previous students to complete online training. Your personal skill and experience levels will determine the actual time required to complete this work. Previous students took between 10-30 hours (1-4 days) to complete the online lesson work.
Online Study Components
- e-Instructor support
- simple online access using a web browser (see Minimum System Requirements below)
- study material with explanations and sample questions throughout
- Note: This training course includes practice questions covering Form AB-506. Additional coverage of Form AB-506 is currently being revised and expanded coverage will be available soon.
- code book navigation tutorial
- 3 practice exams
- solutions to questions include references to the corresponding paragraph of the exam document(s)
- all study material sample questions and practice exam questions are submitted online and automatically graded
Online lessons are available for six months from the date of registration or until the scheduled In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification exam date, whichever occurs first.
Course Outline [+]
The Alberta Inspector Certification Examination (ICE) verifies that the candidate has appropriate knowledge of the Alberta Legislation governing pressure equipment and a good understanding of the topics and supporting AB-526 In-Service Inspector (ISI) for Pressure Equipment Certification Requirements
The In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency requires candidates to pass the Alberta Inspector Certification Examination (ICE).
This exam is comprised of both open-book and closed-book multiple choice questions, each with 4 possible answers. You will be given 3 hours to answer 100 questions. The candidate must receive a minimum score of 70% to pass the exam.
NOTE: The information in this description, pertaining to the examination topics and requirements, is provided for your general overview. Candidates should review all of the relevant ABSA documents and contact ABSA with any questions.
Required Code Documents
With the exception of CSA B51, the following exam documents can be obtained from the ABSA website at www.absa.ca.
- Safety Codes Act
- Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation (AR 49/2006)
- Pressure Welders Regulation (AR 169/2002)
- Power Engineers Regulation (AR 85/2003)
- Pressure Equipment Exemption Order (AR 56/2006)
- CSA B51 Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code
- AB-506 Inspection & Servicing Requirements for In-Service Pressure Equipment
- AB-513 Alberta Repair and Alteration Requirements
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Hours
Participants will receive a digital CASTI Certificate of Completion, awarding 16 CPD hours, for completing ALL online lessons and practice exams with a passing score. Note: CPD (Continuing Professional Development) hours are equivalent to PDH (Professional Development Hours).
Minimum System Requirements for Online Training with e-Instructor Support
- Broadband Internet connection
- Windows Vista (or higher)
- Mac and Android computers and tablets are not supported
- Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge NOT supported.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements (Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more information.)
Note: Please consult with your company IT department if you are unsure that your company computer meets the above requirements
- IB23-032 Interpretation - In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificates of Competency
- AB-526 In-Service Inspector (ISI) for Pressure Equipment Certification Requirements
- AB-88, Application for In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certification Examination
- AB-506 Inspection and Servicing Requirements
- AB-513 Repair and Alteration Requirements
- CASTI Career Path: Alberta In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector (ISI)