E-books - Requirements, Technical Support, and How-to-Order
This page lists the minimum requirements which should be met before e-books
are installed. Please ensure your computer meets these minimum system
requirements before you purchase any CASTI e-books.
Minimum System Requirements
- Internet connection (broadband recommended).
(An internet connection is required to download and install your
- Latest version of Adobe Reader.
- FileOpen Plugin must be installed: http://plugin.fileopen.com/
- Windows Vista (or higher).
- Currently we don’t support Mac computers or tablets.
- 100 MB free disk space.
- The ability to edit, highlight, and copy and paste in the PDF are not available due to our copyright policy.
- Note: Use of Adobe software may have additional system requirements
(Please refer to the Adobe specifications provided with your Adobe
software or visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com for more
- Note: Only single-sided printing is available.
- Note: Please consult with your company IT department if installing E-book(s) on a company computer.
Before you purchase an e-book, please note the following:
- CASTI e-books are available as single-user license products only.
All CASTI e-book publications are protected by
copyright. You are permitted to install your CASTI e-book
ONE time on ONE computer only. When installed,
your e-book cannot be moved to or accessed from any other
computer(s). Please be sure to select an appropriate
computer to install your CASTI e-book.
- You are responsible for ensuring that firewalls or other software/hardware
configurations do not prevent the CASTI e-book software from authorizing
the installation online. CASTI can not provide technical support for
your firewall configuration. Please contact your network technical
support personnel to resolve such issues.
- If the CASTI e-book PDF file is removed from the licensed computer for
any reason, CASTI Publishing Inc. is not liable to replace the e-book.
However, at CASTI Publishing Inc.'s sole discretion, a one-time
reinstallation may be authorized for current e-book editions only.
Outdated or replaced editions will not be supported.
- CASTI Publishing Inc. is not liable for the replacement of e-books
lost, stolen, or damaged due to software, hardware, and/or operating
system issues which render e-books inoperable or inaccessible. CASTI
Publishing Inc. is not liable for the replacement of e-books lost or
damaged due to removal, deletion, or overwriting of e-books whether
accidental or intentional. CASTI Publishing Inc. is also not liable for
the replacement of e-books when the computer on which the e-book has
been installed is replaced, reformatted, updated, or changed in any
- You are permitted to create a single hard copy of your CASTI
e-book, by printing a copy of it from the computer on which you
choose to install the e-book. This is the only way you may create a
hard copy of your CASTI e-book. You may not create any additional hard
copies through any means; you may not print subsequent copies and you
may not photocopy your single hard copy. You may create your single
hard copy at any time after purchasing the e-book; however, CASTI will
only provide technical support to help you do so within 30 days of
- CASTI provides all registered e-book users with free technical support.
- Technical support is available for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- E-book purchases are not eligible for refund, credit, or exchange.
All CASTI e-book PDF files are secured with the FileOpen System.
The terms, conditions, and policies presented above are subject to change without notice.